Wednesday, October 31, 2012

English Class

My favorite thing to do at school is hangout with other people in English class! It is so much fun because I don't have to work or do anything the whole time and people are asking me questions about English, America (and today about Halloween). I have had to read out-loud a few times in the past and it was kind of fun. I miss home. And English and it is fun to have something you know better than everyone else! We watched the song "This is Halloween" on YouTube today and we had to write down the lyrics to the song. Everyone sang it together the third time we watched it and now it is almost an inside joke with everyone in the class. The teacher asked me about Halloween at home and I told him what I normally do for Halloween. He asked me what the coolest outfit I ever wore was and about pumpkins etc. The best part is that what was normal to me, high school, halloween and people dressing up etc. it super cool here! A LOT of people ask me about high school and I realize my school in the USA is so much like high school musical. Compared to here, they don't have school pride, colors, a mascot, teams, dress up days or anything. It is just school. That is it. I personally find it a little boring because high school in the USA is so cool!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. The schools here are just schools. Nothing more. I miss spirit week and dress up days and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete