Friday, October 5, 2012

Randomness

This weekend is the first orientation I have in Barcelona with AFS. It was supposed to be two weekends ago...but it's Spain... So I have it this weekend! I get to see a lot of the people I met on the way here and I am excited! I have been sick lately - not fun. I realized that I need more sleep here than at home because of the change and language. I have been studying Català a lot with other people my age and a teacher and it is so tiring! I want to sleep all the time, but I can't! All the food is so healthy here, I don't have to watch what I eat as much and I normally run, some people say I already look a little thinner. Yesterday, I skyped with my friend Benjamin and he is near Madrid on exchange too and we just talked about all the things we missed and like about here! Things I miss about home: American milk, carpet, peanut butter, water fountains, grass, rain, snow, the colors of autumn etc. But the things I like: watching the sun rise everyday over the Meditterranean (probably spelled wrong), public transport, bread, bocadillos, and much more! I just can't think of right now! I have been talking with other people on exchanges and everyone is going through different things. By now, the end of the vacation phase has happened and the reality set in. There are definately people who I don't think will leave the vacation phase, but I know I already left it. I am pretty used to it here now, but now the reality of being here hits and you don't know how to count. You think "already one month!" then you think "oh, nine more!" It is a little strange. But everyone I know who has been an exchange says when you get back you think everything was just a long dream. My friend told me after a few days when you get back, everything is normal again. I like it here a lot and my family is so nice, so I want to remember as much as I can! And enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment