Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Friends!

Okay, so I am finally making friends and hanging out with them! I have been going on walks with them or studying or watching movies. This weekend I am staying with a friend at her house and I am really excited! Not much else has been happening other than school and home. My parent's have noticed that I have been skyping a little too much with friends from the States so now I am laying off talking to them so much. AFS was right when they said it makes you homesick. Some other things about the culture I have noticed: everyone likes everything to be clean here but they were shoes in the house and sit in the middle of the streets during manifestations. Everyone is so nice and friendly and very sincere. Everyone will be your friend, you just have to start the talking. When Spanish girls start yelling all you can do is laugh because it is so dang funny, you can't understand a thing but their faces tell it all. Everyone does their homework and they study a lot here. I don't know about you, but the teacher doesn't even check the homework and I don't think I would it then. Everyone is always studying and I just don't understand why. You either smoke and love it or you are opposed to it. Parties don't really start until early in the morning and don't end until the morning transport comes. All the same steriotypes are here too. Like the loner, the popular one, the cute one, the smart one...etc. But the classes are so small that everyone is friends and no one really has a group. Everyone hangs out with everyone.  People kiss people. Like, girls will just go kiss guys on the cheeks for no reason. I guess in America we have huge space bubbles. They take pills for everything. I think they feel like a pill will solve the problem but all I do is pray :) They always make the table before eating (whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner) and it is very strict. People just generally grow up later in Spain. Like, the parent's do a lot more for the kids than in America. The parent's will bring you food, make your food, cut your meat for you or even do some of your homework. They always make your food! I always had to make my own food in America. There are more but I am at a blank! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment