Friday, October 19, 2012

What's Up

This week has been quite an odd one. So Monday was fairly normal but that night I got really sick and stayed home for the next 2 days. So I missed half the week of school. I can honestly say that I can understand a lot more of Català now and I am starting to pick up on little spanish sayings. I took a History test today and the whole thing was in Català and we had a new teacher today and I don't know if she knew I was a foreign exchange student or not. But, a guy behind me who speaks English told me not to worry about the test and just draw or something. So I drew some shoes, dress, trees, trucks, ties... yup. Also, it is SO humid here right now. Like if I take a piece of paper and crush it in my hand it sticks together and just walking up the stairs makes me sweet. My hair is always a little wet too. I have been receiving letters in the mail from friends and family and it just makes my day! I love getting pictures too! The language is getting a little frustrating and I can't understand as much as I hoped I would by now but I know it will come eventually! Last night when I was coming home from church I started talking to an older lady and she thought I was Italian! Score! Someone didn't think I was American the first time I talked to them! She then proceeded to rant about her opinion on politics and taught me a few French words. Quite interesting. For first hour this morning, in my English class I had to write an essay. It was super funny because the teacher kind of told me that he couldn't really correct me because I was the better one at English. I also found out I am going to London with my school in May! Super excited! :) My friend Mo and I go walking sometimes and she wanted to go to the USA for 1 month so I invited her to stay with me in my house next summer for a month! My mom said yes and now it is just up to her family! I pray that it works out! Hasta luego! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment