Friday, September 28, 2012

Update!

I haven't posted in a while so here is just a big update! The past weekend I went to La Costa Brava and the weather wasn't too nice so we only went to the beach once. But it was really beautiful. My family and I stayed in a house on the border between France and Spain and everyday you could look out the window and see the God made mountains in the distance that were so breathtaking. Everything was very...French. The house was really big and everything was antique. The little town was beautiful too. The house we stayed in is my host grandfather's. He was in Madrid for a vacation. This week FLEW by. I didn't have school on Monday because of La Mercè. I went to La Sagrada Familia and they portrayed the 7 days of creation from Genesis over the front and it was very pretty! The next night, I went back to Barcelona and saw some fireworks! They lasted for a long time and we different than the one's in the States! I stayed home from school on Wednesday because I was feeling sick, I had a cough, and needed sleep badly. Then yesterday, my friend Caroline (with AFS, she is in Lloret de Mar) called and said she was coming to Barcelona! We met up in Plaça Catalunya and went sight-seeing! We saw La Casa de Gaudi! Some awesome sculptures I can't really name for you, and walked through Gothic Square! Every single street, church, shop, whatever you can think of was beautiful! Every single ally looked photo-worthy. It was so much fun running around Barcelona with my friend and having such a good time! We talked in Castellano the whole time and bought crepes. We also went to this very famous market and ate some fresh fruit. Today is Friday and this night, I am going to France with my family! They have a second home in a place called La Cerdanya. It will be fun! I recieved a letter from one of my bestfriends a few days ago and she asked me a bunch of questions in it. Here are a few I thought I would put on here! 1. Spain smells like... First thought. Smoke. Cigarrettes. It is honestly the only smell I can think of. 2. The food here is... The food is all very good, and normally very healthy or organic. The eggs are amazing and I love how I always eat bread with oil at every meal! 3. The worst food is... My host mom makes something called carbasso. It's like cucumbers meshed or grinded into a soup. It is horrible. Never try it. You might die...I'm pretty sure. It is weird because they eat it like it's...cake or something. I just can't even stand smelling it...I don't understand why you would ever try doing something like that. 4.The shopping here is... Amazing! There is a long strip in Barcelona and area that is all just like super vintage shops that are affordable. I went to an H&M that had 6 floors. Like yeah. Amazing. 5. The people here think I am... American. Everything about me. They ask me about what school is like in the USA and what the guys are like etc. 6. I work out in Spain? Y or N Yes. I normally run, but I have a membership to a gym called Can Caralleu and it is right next to my school and it is super nice. 7. School is difficult because... The only thing is that my hair always gets stuck in the chairs and gets pulled out. I think I already lost quite a bit. They have homework...I think. I don't understand anything all day so I can't do the homework and that is hard. But the social part isn't that bad! I feel like a lot of people are interested in me - being an American. 8. Learning Català and Castellano is...ç Difficult because I hear Català all day and I speak Castellano. I feel like my mind is trying to mix them together. Hard to explain. 9. I really miss my... Bed? No the one here is more comfy Friends? Yes, but not badly American food? No. The only edible thing I miss is milk Family? Yes, especially my dog Christian fellowship? YES. I just want to find one other person who is my age and a Christian here! I talk with a lot of older people from my church here though! Okay, I am at my school right now so I need to get off! I will post pictures soon! If anyone wants to talk to me about something feel free to post a comment or e-mail me or facebook! Whatever you want! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment